Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

I'm Well Done : How Quitting Sugar and Processed Foods Transformed...

 


How Quitting Sugar and Processed Foods Transformed My Health and Faith!

In my personal journey towards better health, I've realized I was a recovering sugar and processed foods addict. Two months ago, I made the decision to stop drinking Mountain Dew and consuming processed foods. Now, my sugar and carbohydrate cravings have vanished. Before, I was constantly hungry, but now I no longer crave snacks between meals, Mountain Dew, strawberry milkshakes, pasta, and more.

I was an uncomfortable addict, completely unaware of my appetite addiction. I didn't realize that I had turned my eating habits into a form of idol worship. Satisfying my belly had become a god to me, and I was completely oblivious to it.

For years, this idol worship caused me to feel sick, tired, and depressed. But now, after repenting and confessing my sin of food idol worship, I am on a journey to overcome the poor health conditions I've developed. These include obesity, diabetes, and other illnesses resulting from years of not eating a proper human diet.

An addict is often comfortable with unconscious eating habits because they provide temporary pleasure. However, this satisfaction is fleeting. Even when we're not hungry, our appetite drives us to eat more. Highly processed foods are designed to make us overeat and consume more frequently, purely for profit.

Conclusion:

During the past two months, I've lost around eight pounds, but the best part is I've lost visceral fat in my trunk and waist. For the first time in six years, I can wear shirts and slacks comfortably. This transformation has not only improved my physical health but has also strengthened my faith and overall well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driftwood - A Hidden Treasure of Faith and Adventure (Classic Western Drama)

Driftwood - A Hidden Treasure of Faith and Adventure (Classic Western Drama) In Driftwood - A Hidden Treasure of Faith and Adventure , this ...