I don't know about you, but I must confess my sin of being overly critical. That's not the Jesus kind of love, is it? Have you heard the saying that "confession is good for the soul"? James says, "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16
Notice the keywords "confess," "trespasses" (I think possibly trespasses here is speaking of a critical spirit), "pray for one another," and "that you may be healed." I believe there is healing that comes from confessing to one another and praying for one another according to this scripture. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are You Ready for the Bridegroom?
Are You Ready for the Bridegroom? Watching, Serving, and Sharing Christ Until He Comes. Jesus said in Matthew, chapter twenty-five, verse ...
-
Subtitle: The Moral Unraveling of America: When Politicians Abandon God and Truth Kicking God Out: Prayer, Schools, and a Misused Phrase ...
-
The Great Deception: Are We Living in the Days of Noah? Jesus warned that the conditions of the world just before His return would resemb...
-
The Warnings of Jesus: Are We Prepared for Eternity? 1. Repent, because God’s Kingdom is near Jesus began His public ministry with a warni...

No comments:
Post a Comment