Pages

Friday, November 25, 2022

What's Wrong With Our Churches Today? Part 2 (Originally Published August 16, 2012) in the "Well Done" Blog


 What's Wrong With Our Churches Today? Part 2

While still in the Methodist Church my pastor became involved in “The Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship and I started attending meetings with him. John Wesley’s early Methodist Church was actually a full gospel church that preach the gift of the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues, for every believer, but as time went on the Methodist Church, as with most denominations, drifted away from the teaching of the gift of the Holy Spirit that was given to early church believers throughout the book of Acts.

Somehow pastors were able to convince believers that the gift of tongues was only for those 120 believers that were waiting for the Holy Spirit in the upper room on the day of Pentecost. When you read the Book of Acts you will find that the baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues, did not just happen on the day of Pentecost only. It happened to thousands of believers mentioned throughout the Book of Acts. Paul talks a lot about the importance of the gift of The Holy Spirit in the New Testament, but modern churches do not teach the importance of the third baptism, which is the baptism in The Holy Spirit.

At one of the Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship meetings, I received Baptism in The Holy Spirit with the gift of tongues. I received The Holy Spirit just like I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I received Him by faith. The Holy Spirit gave me a prayer language that I can turn on and off at my will. The other gifts of the Spirit I do not control. He gives those gifts when He decides it is necessary.

As with many churches a split happens, which destroys the church. I left the Methodist Church and visited a full-gospel church Maranatha Assemblies of God in Greenville, MS. I only had to visit one time and I was hooked. They welcome me and my family with open arms. They hugged us even though they had never seen us before. They called us brother and sister as if we were their blood relative. When you think about it believers are all brothers and sisters under the blood of Jesus. Our time at this little holly roller church was a wonderful blessing. It was like a slice of heaven on earth. My pastor and his family were the most amazing and loving people I had ever known. When children came in the front door for the church they always ran to the pastor to hug him and he would always bend down to hug them and talk to them. He was just like I picture Jesus as He received all the children with hugs and He took the time to talk to them.

Jesus told the disciples that He must leave in order for The Holy Spirit to come and He would be their helper, their comforter. The Holy Spirit also baptizes with fire which is literally power. The purpose of Jesus sending The Holy Spirit to us is so that we will be endued with power from heaven. We are pretty helpless in this world on our own, but with the power of The Holy Spirit, we see miracles happen.

I pray in the Spirit as often as possible as I am praying in a language that I do not understand in my mind nor does the enemy understand what I am saying. My spirit is talking directly to The Holy Spirit and He talks to Jesus about me. He makes requests on my behalf in words that I don't know how to ask for. Whenever I pray in my heavenly prayer language my body relaxes from the tensions of this world and in my relaxed state my body is renewed with health.

Because I have prayed in the Spirit I've seen miracles happen in the lives of my parents, my children, and others. I believe you too should seek that baptism in The Holy Spirit if you have not done so already.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Know When The Rapture of The Church Will Happen#rapture #fullnessofthegentiles

How To Know When The Rapture of The Church Will Happen Here's an insightful explanation of the "fullness of the Gentiles&quo...